Friday, October 10, 2014

Fancy Fall Favorites


It's no secret that I big pink puffy heart LOVE Fall. And you all know I also love me some clean spaces. After some major purging I have so enjoyed decorating with some true, simple, clean favorites. 

I have discovered that I LOVE white. White really seems so clean and it may be my favorite color to decorate with. I still love color {neutrals and glitter} and anything tacky fabulous. 

Some major fall favorites are this cute little cookie jar from WalMart that was less than $10 and my favorite candle that is layered with three yummy clean scents.


Pumpkin playdough is at the top of my favorites right now because Cole never enjoys sitting and this little activity has him mesmerized for minutes on end, it also smells so yummy too.


Pumpkin Play Dough

1 cup white flour
1/4 cup salt
2 teaspoons food coloring
1 cup water
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 tablespoons cream of tartar
sprinkles of cinnamon, apple pie spice, pumpkin pie spice or whatever your *fancy* heart desires.

1. Mix flour, salt, and cream of tartar in a medium pot.
2. Add water, food coloring, and oil.

Stir over medium heat for 3-5 minutes. Don't worry if the mixture looks like a blobby mess; it'll turn into dough...promise!

When the mixture forms a ball in the center of the pot, turn off the stove and let it cool. Then take it out of the pot and put it on a floured surface. Squish it and punch it around a bit.

When you're done, put it in a plastic bag or airtight container to store.

{This is the same recipe my Momma used when I was little}





I just love those little working hands.



I woke up this morning to some birthday presents  in bed and this mason jar measuring cup was at the top of my list. I have wanted this for a LONNNNG time. { This also proves that Mr. Moon does hear me...hehe}



How precious is this clutch?! The special service students at school have a precious little store and sell their merchandise in their classroom. I love the ruffles and burlap. It's definitely going to be a favorite for sure.



Today I am linking up with one of my favorites Ms. Andrea for some Friday favorites! Hope you have a fancy fabulous Friday.






1 comment:

  1. Not sure why I'm just stumbling upon your blog, but I love it! And I'm in love with that clutch. Hope you had an amazing birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a *FANCY* comment. They absolutely make my day!