Monday, July 7, 2014

Fancy 4th of July

I absolutely LOVE holidays and decorating for them. Having a little even makes them more fun to craft and prepare for. I love seeing his precious smile light up at all the little things.

Cole and I put some goodie bags together for his cousins, friends and a few of his other favorites. Inside were various assortments of candy, glow sticks, bubbles, stickers and pop-pops (snap fireworks). Cole even made the tags with glue and glitter, he absolutely had a blast!!! I'm pretty sure his favorite bag was the one Uncle Sethy got; full of chocolate chip cookies.


My best boy also crafted a flag for me. I taped off the lines and let him paint away. He also made one for his Mamma B and Ba too. Can't wait to put mine in my office at school.


I got to try Jamberry nails and I'm in LOVE! I got a sample and today is day 4 and they are still perfect. My other polish...not so much. I'm thinking about having a party too, but we shall see. I love all the designs, and have a few on my wish list.


The morning of July 4th I somehow was wrangled in to a run with two of my favorite sister in laws. I'm still trying to decide if Jason paid them to cause me such pain. Laura (on the right) smoked us and Sharon (Fancy Pants on the left) could give any drill instructor or dictator for that matter a run for their money. I'm halfway teasing but I really did enjoy their company. I honestly went in to it thinking we would walk it and drink coffee...boy was I wrong. I'm thinking this was the perfect jump start to getting me back to enjoying running, atleast I hope. I've had to walk each day because I'm so sore aka so out of shape from this race.


The Jason's (my Jason and Sharon's Jason) hate this look on girls. I love it. I'm still deciding if I should try and pull it off at school or not, of course with a head  band and not glow sticks. I may just have to wait for our next trip to Vegas, (hopefully Cowboy Christmas) if Disney doesn't win out over Christmas Break.


I sure love a little boy in a bubble! He's just the best; but I guess I'm a bit biased.


On the fourth we had a drastic change of plans. We were supposed to be at the lake with Jason's family but the hay bailer broke and put Jason really behind schedule so our weekend turned in to a couple hours at the lake instead. I would be lying if I said stuff like this didn't bother me, but it's definitely part of the farm life lifestyle. I'm also a bit proud and absolutely love being married to such a hard working man. I know I could go and have him meet us there but I love going as a family even if that means our schedule does have to change.


Jason got finished in the field about 9:00 pm and I had Cole bathed and ready for some Fourth of July fun. He absolutely loved the "fur crackers" and staying up past bed time with Mommy and Daddy. We went and sat on the football field at the school with my parents and enjoyed our towns display. This is small town living at it's best. 


A few Ring Pops were also enjoyed this weekend. We sure hope that each of you had a fabulous weekend too.


So thankful for our freedom and all the men and women who serve our great nation.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a *FANCY* comment. They absolutely make my day!