Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Favorite Things Party



Today I am linking up with Andrea and Erika for a favorite things party; the best part is all the pretties are under $10 {which Mr. Moon will LOVE} Oh, the finance farmer loves to pinch his pennies.



I'm kind of cheating to start out with but we just visited IKEA for the very first time. It was sooooo overwhelming. My friend Regan and I are already planning our next trip {hopefully the handsome husbands will keep the babies so Mommas can SHOP! Missouri is getting two different Ikea Stores in 2015 but we visited the one in Minneapolis. 





We did a little HOHOHO shopping and purchased the famous Ikea Easel at $14.99. Yes, yes I know it isn't under $10 but grab a five out of your husbands wallet and call it good.


The white rolls of paper {as seen in my cart, above} were only $5 can you say good time winter fun?! My best boy is going to be soooo excited. I'm already dreaming of my first *snowday* and school hasn't even started.




Mr. Moon has requested that I complete all the projects around the house that are unfinished first before starting any new ones. I had this blank crate that was $9.99 at Joannes Fabric so after a little stain and monogram it is perfect to house unruly toys and books.


While I worked on my crate these handsome men were finishing my lemonade stand for school. Oh how they love me so. My FIL is one of my favorite people in this whole world; but I don't ever want him to find that out.



I am addicted to the painted pottery place at the lake. Oh my goodness. They have lots of pieces under $10.00 and you leave with the most precious memento. Since I hate sweating but love to sparkle and summer is in full force I love any air conditioned activities for C and I. So regardless if you are local or not go find a pottery painting class.




My last under piece are the crepe paper tassels. Oh my goodness how I love them and they are sooo easy. You can get two rolls for $1.00 and tassel away. These will go on my fancy fabulous lemonade stand for our open house night at school.

Thanks for visiting! Have a fancy day.







14 comments:

  1. Love the crepe paper tassels, must figure out/go find how to do that...super simple but oh so fun! That lemonade stand is going to be so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!! I will post a tutorial and the link I found them at.

      Thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  2. Did the tassel rolls come from Ikea too? I'm so jealous. We don't have an Ikea close :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They did not; I bought them from Target and whipped them together. I had to raid my craft space to add a little pizzaz to my lemonade stand.

      Delete
  3. Hahahaha!! I love that you said "grab a five from your husband's wallet and call it good". Love it! These are all so fun! That lemonade stand is going to be adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How are you using the lemonade stand in your classroom? Your crate looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am actually a school counselor so my initial theme for the beginning of the year is going to be 'If Life Gives You Lemons Come Visit the Counselor." At open house I am going to pass out lemonade with a little slogan that says enjoy the last sweet moments of summer vacation. I kept the stand pretty basic so I can use it as a puppet stand and the top is actually chalkboard so that I can change the theme.

      Thanks for visiting and following along. I appreciate it!

      Delete
  5. I need to figure out how to make those crepe paper tassels for my classroom, those are so cute! Stopping by from Momfessionals linkup! www.camillecolumbia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I will post the information and the tutorial! They were SUPER easy and very inexpensive. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. Looks like it's gonna be a pretty awesome Lemonade stand! Can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will be sure to post when its complete.

      Delete
  7. What fun favorites!! Those tassels are adorable and I just love your lemonade stand, too. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank so much!!! Thanks for following along too; you made my day!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a *FANCY* comment. They absolutely make my day!