Monday, February 2, 2015

Fancy Honey Puppy Edition

I'm sure y'all {said in my wanna be southern twang} know by now that not all farm stories are entirely fancy or fabulous, but I promise this one has a super sweet ending.


Our sweet basset Miss Butter or as Cole called her, Butter Girl; prounounced " "Budta Gowl" passed away a couple months ago. Jason came in from feeding cattle this with tears in his eyes and told me that Butter had gotten ran over. {if you know Mr. Moon you know he doesn't cry so I knew whatever had happened was a big deal} My heart broke, I cried and cried all day. I never wanted to be a crazy dog lady but I had waited and waited forever for such a sweet puppy that filled all of our family wants. Cole would ask over and over for her and that broke my heart even more. 



After Cole's birthday in March I started researching different breeders here in Missouri and found the most precious puppy that had a heart shaped print on her forehead. It was definitely love at first sight if you will. (Pun intended) We took a quick trip west and picked up our Honey Moon.

After a few months have gone by I have learned to love Honey through her lazy laying in flower beds and her random chewing sprees. Despite her naughty shenanigans this dog is oh so sweet to Cole and that's exactly what we were looking for. 

The first thing C asks for when he wakes in the morning is his Honey girl. No matter where we are on the farm Honey is near by, even if she's belly up to the sun perfecting her fancy napping skills. 

1 comment:

  1. So sorry that you lost your dog - but also glad that you have another one! Puppies are so fun. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a *FANCY* comment. They absolutely make my day!