Friday, July 25, 2014

Our Fancy Visit to West End Architectural Salvage

Mr. Moon and I loaded up the baby and headed north to visit his sister in Minneapolis. We stopped half way in Des Moines Iowa {one of the cleanest cities I've ever been to} and stayed the night. The next morning we went to West End Salvage {as seen on HGTV} for some good junking. I will be really honest and say that I haven't watched the show but my Mom is a HUGE fan!


The building was super cool and these were some of the funky treasures in the back parking lot.


I know it's strange for someone my age to LOVE old pieces and funky junk but oh how I do.


Loved the exposed brick too.


I really liked this table and the bones that it possessed. Super cute! However for the price I would definitely have to recreate it.


Mr. Moon loved this old sign.


And I LOVED this old moon magnet.


A church pew is on my wishy wish list at the moment. However until we build I'm not buying anymore pieces unless I find it for a steal. My mom has a BEAUTIFUL church pew...so litterally I just might steal it one day.


I'm a lover of old windows and thought these were super cute!!! How cute would a monogram be on one in a baby room.



Loved that there was lots of old pink chippy furniture. I don't think Jason would EVER go for pink funky furniture but a girl can dream.







Jase really liked these industrial chairs. 


The letters were very cool. You all know I love a good monogram and personalized pieces. 

LOVE their motto...so true!

I consider myself a *fancy junker* with fabulous taste and they did impress my need for one of a kind pieces however I was not impressed with their prices. Wowzers! I'm pretty sure with the junk on our farm we could pay off our farm debt and buy a couple vacation homes if I sold things we have at their prices but the experience was fun.

I think the thing that made me most sad was I was that we weren't greeted or welcomed when we came in; that's a huge let down to me. I'm sure they are very busy but a simple extension of a hello would have been kind. We came around the time it opened and I will say it was so nice to shop when it wasn't busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a *FANCY* comment. They absolutely make my day!