Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Summer Fun Recipe


We have been busy this week enjoying summer to the fullest potential. Lots of swimming, napping, and playing. Oh how I LOVE summer!!!

Yesterday was HOT and I always feel sorry for the boys when they have to work out in it; especially when we come home exhausted from the pool so yesterday we decided to make our favorite boys some yummy dessert cake which C calls dump truck cake.

My sister in law made this and gave me the recipe but I adapted it due to my errors and it still turned out GREAT!!! You can also put this in a flower pot and make it pretty but at our house the boys rule so dump truck cake it is! 




Ingredients:

1/2 cup butter, softened
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 cup confectioners's sugar
2 (3.5 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix {I used vanilla and cookies and cream pudding}
3 1/2 cups of milk
1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
32 ounces chocolate sandwich cookies with creme filling {fancy way of saying DOUBLE STUFFED OREOS}
1 package of gummy worms {which I do NOT like, but the princess of our castle is out numbered again}

Directions:

Chop cookies very fine in food processor. The white cream will disappear. {I used my blender and did a rough chop}

Mix butter, cream cheese, and sugar in a bowl.

In a large bowl mix milk, pudding, and whipped topping together.

Combine pudding mixture and cream mixture together.

Layer in flower pot, or dump truck {or whatever you fancy that is clean}start with cookies then cream mixture. Repeat layers. I put the gummy worms close to the top so I could see them enough to avoid them; but you can place them wherever you would like.

Chill until ready to serve.

We took a cake to my brother when he got home from work. I miss this sweet boy so much. And yes, Cole went to town in his underwear. Oh the things I said I would never do. 


I also LOVE how these boys light up when they see each other. Love them tooooo pieces!!!




Enjoy fancy friends!!!



2 comments:

  1. Our school year ends in two weeks and we are making "dirt" with the kindergartners. I think your idea of using cream cheese is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found your blog via Momfessionals, and wanted to say hi. :) I'm a ranch wife in Oregon, and I always find it fun to read blogs by other people involved in ag. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a *FANCY* comment. They absolutely make my day!