Sunday, September 21, 2014

Fancy Apple of my Eye!

Can we first start with how cute my littlest handsome is?! {He gets his good looks from his Daddy} Sidenote: 10 seconds before this he was wanting to drink out of the dog bowl and by wanting; I mean trying!!! There is nothing easy about Sunday morning.


I have been apple obsessed all weekend so he just HAD to sport his precious little apple shirt to church.


Our Amish neighbors/friends gave us a HUGE box full of organic apples so I had to get creative in order to use them all up. I've never canned but wanted to somehow use all the pretties up so I turned to crockpot applesauce that I could freeze. I did 4 different crockpots full and tried to keep it as natural/organic as possible. I did put a little brown sugar in one batch and it was GOOD! 


I found these BPA free-freezer containers at Wal-Mart; definitely excited to see how they hold up.


I can not say enough good things about this mixer. I use it ALL the time and it was key to the applesauce success. I was amazed that it also caught most of the apple peelings that I had left on in a couple of the batches...Mr. Moon was happy about that! 

Hope you had a fancy fabulous weekend!



2 comments:

  1. Look at you go!!!! I love homeade applesauce!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was me a few weeks ago also! I've never tried making applesauce in the crockpot...good idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a *FANCY* comment. They absolutely make my day!