Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Fancy Fall Feelings Lesson

This week in Guidance class we are finishing our feelings and emotions lessons up with some fall fun. I LOVE FALL and I make it known to the kids that fall is the BEST season of all; you know except for, winter snowdays, and summer vacation. Haha!

Our school is very blessed to have a local Elks group donate materials related to the curriculum that teachers would have to spend their own money on. I knew that kids would have so much fun using pumpkins in the lesson and the Elks graciously bought enough pumpkins for the students to use. The other counselor and I see over 600 kids each week in our guidance class so we love making our lessons super exciting yet informative. I always love putting real world experience and fun in the lessons. Our class is considered an elective class so my main goal is to get the kids up and moving; because goodness gracious they deserve a little *fancy* brain break in their day to have room to stretch and explore.


Each student used a mini pumpkin, black paper, scissors, and masking tape.

I gave each student a feeling word card that I created using inexpensive note cards and then laminated them for future lessons and durability. 

The students were instructed to keep quiet and not share their feeling card with anyone because at the end when everyone was done we played boys vs. girls pumpkin charades. {cue the competitive fun}


We took a class pumpkin picture. {The kids SERIOUSLY thought this was hysterical.} They thought it was extra cool that our assistant principal was even impressed with their silly creations. 


A 3rd grade student had the cutest pumpkin with little heart eyes. I was *In Love* with her design. 


Goodness gracious I just get tickeled when I see them. 






3 comments:

  1. Sara, I know this took a lot of time to plan and execute, but it was worthwhile on so many levels! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a lot of fun! I love all the creativeness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fun and neat project love it

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a *FANCY* comment. They absolutely make my day!