Friday, June 27, 2014

Fancy Friday: Summer Fun

Happy Friday!!!

My goodness this fancy little space has been quiet lately. Cole and I have been enjoying summer break to its fullest potential!!! We have swam, baked, garage saled, taken walks, napped and lots of other fun little things that toddlers and Mommas like to do.

Today I want to share one of his favorite afternoon activities. Since it's so hot outside we play inside in the afternoon.

My sweet boy hardly ever sits to play and doesn't have the same love I have for crafts except when it comes to playdough!!! This boy LOVES playdough.


We made homemade playdough together and then he is able to play with it whenever he wants. The recipie I use is the same one my Mom used when I was a little kid. It's super easy and super fast.





1. Mix flour, salt, and cream of tartar in a medium pot.

2. Add the liquids; water, food coloring, and oil.
{You will have a fancy fabulous glob of mush}

Stir {constantly} over medium heat for 3-5 minutes. Don't worry of the mixture looks like a mess I promise it will soon turn to a fabulous glop of dough.

When the mixture forms a ball in the center of the pot, turn off the stove and let it cool. Then take it out of the pot and put it on a floured surface. Squish and squeeze it.

When you're all finished store it in an airtight container or ziplock baggies then store it in the refrigerator.

Enjoy!!!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like yal have been living summer to its fullest, that's what its for!
    He is just so cute I wish my little man was still little they grow up overnight it seems

    h5happenings.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a *FANCY* comment. They absolutely make my day!