Monday, May 19, 2014

Fancy Dumpster Diving

Yes, I finally did it...
and 
my family wants to disown me!



I dumpster dived! { I should start with, in my brother and sister in laws trash. } Not some random person down by the river. {Even though I would if I thought there was anything pink, sparkly, or vintage Pyrexy down by said river}

My brother and his fiancĂ© bought a house that was still full of vintage goodies! I even found milk glass, but I told her it was too good for a garage sale and that she should keep it. The house also has a granny square afghan that I am HOT after. I volunteered to price things for their garage sale because I wanted first dibs on all the *fancy* treasures. Those *fancy* treasures that I'm after makes everyone laugh when I want them. 

I guess my friend Britney is right in calling me the Monogrammed Grandma. I have a love for treasure hunting, and old thrifty things.


Inside the drawers underneath all the paint was this beautiful paper. I'm absolutely in LOVE!!! It has a minty green color that is kind of hard to see.

My goal is to turn the two cabinet drawers in to a book shelf for Cole's room. I want it pretty chippy, rustic and funky but I don't want it to look weird and trash like at the same time. Does that make sense? 

Here is a picture of them stacked, but not complete.


I think with books and some little boy treasures it has the potential to be mighty cute! 

Please oh please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Happy Monday!




1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a *FANCY* comment. They absolutely make my day!