Friday, May 30, 2014

Miss Butter

I have wanted Cole to have a dog for a LONG time! Notice I didn't say Puppy. : ) 

The thought of having to retrieve my flip flops and clothes from the line (if we had a clothes line) from the cattle pastures drove me wild. 

Mr. Moon and I have two very different personalities (opposites attract) so of course we were not agreeing on any breeds of dogs...until the very day that we talked about getting a Bassett Hound!  Thankfully we agreed and the rest is pretty much our love story of meeting Miss Lady who is now the oh so fabulous Miss Butter.


My friend Mallory is a veterinarian and we were talking at church about dogs. She said that she had just had a Bassett patient that was a foster dog! I was ESTATIC! She connected me with the fabulous Foster Mom and we arranged our time to meet.

Really the most important thing was that Butter and Cole formed a relationship and Cole liked her. The next (Jason's most important thing) was that she wouldn't chase cattle. Butter passed both of those qualifications with flying colors.

She is really the most precious dog and is oh so good to Cole. Cole cried when we had to go inside the last night. The first thing he asked for when he woke up this morning was his Butter. {melt my heart}

I'm scared I'm going to turn in to some crazy dog lover but I honestly feel like she completely makes our family. 

Last night {our first night with Butter} I was sitting on the porch watching Cole and Butter play and I could not quit laughing. Cole would go retrieve barn cats so he could watch Butter chase them. 

Our heart is happy and full. We are so excited to spend te day home with our newest addition to Moon Farms.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a *FANCY* comment. They absolutely make my day!